Thursday, November 8, 2007

Random ramblings...

Okay, I need to address the apron Bryan is wearing in the pumpkin carving picture...Bryan had to go home teaching the same night we carved pumpkins so he didn't want to change into levis and a tshirt, but he didn't want to end up covered in pumpkin goo, thus the apron!

Many of you may not be so surprised to learn that I've finished Christmas shopping for one of my three kiddos...the youngest is always the easiest. Renee hasn't figured out how to make serious requests yet, she just wants one of everything pink or purple. I love that I still get to choose what will make her face light up on Christmas morning. The two older ones are a little harder this year. Everything on their lists cost megabucks and it's hard for me to decide which items will be the most sorely missed on Christmas morning if I decide against purchasing them. However, I am fairly determined to be finished shopping for all three of them by Thanksgiving.

On another note, Rose was chosen in the lottery for the new charter school, Providence Hall, that will open next year. I am both excited and apprehensive. Several of her friends were chosen as well, so at least she won't be going alone. I've heard that the first year of operation is always a challenge as they try to overcome the little bumps and bruises that are inevitably encountered in a new school. But I love that they offer music and art, and that class sizes will be limited to 24 kids. You should see the registrations packet though...16 pages! WOW!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't even notice that Bryan was wearing an apron.

Good for the Christmas shopping routine. I suppose that you're still leaving room for the after Thanksgiving sales though.

Love, Mom

Jennica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.