2 hours, all new cable wiring and connectors and a new modem to get me back on the internet! Now after just over a week, I'm finally able to catch up with all of my blogger friends. You might wonder what I did all week in lieu of sitting in front of a computer screen...I watched the stock market's down-ward slide day by day. It was a little like watching a train wreck...I couldn't look away! This morning, things are looking a little better, there are a lot of green up arrows so far.
Today is "Trent Day" at Chick-Fil-A. Please, please go and have lunch or dinner or a snack. 20% of the proceeds at the District location will be donated to the DuVal family to help with all of Trent's medical expenses. Some of the other locations will also be making a donation, so if you don't live near the District location, you can still help out. (See the link to Trent's blog if you don't know what I'm referring to...but keep a box of tissues near by, it'll break your heart.)
Have a great Monday!
Monday, October 13, 2008
It only took...
Posted by
Piano Mom
at
7:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, you were up early for your post. I did read about Trent. I should never complain again about my troubles. What a blessing for him to have such a good attitude. Do you know them personally? How did Sunday go? We thought about it quite often yesterday. We had dinner with Bishop Dominguez and his family and then spent time talking about the YSA in Nürnberg. It was a good afternoon. The food was excellent. Your mother is in the process of teaching an inactive YSA a piano lesson. He stops sometimes before his work shift. You are a great daughter, we love and miss you and yours, but we so appreciate your support and all you do. Keep smiling and enjoy the journey. Tell all hi. Love, Dad
Hi Dad!
Yes, we know the DuVals. They used to live in our ward, and the oldest boy is one of my piano students. Actually, the father worked at the Sandy Shopko at the same time I did all those years ago. Sunday went well. Derrick gave Oscar a wonderful blessing and Leslie bore her testimony. (Important note: Oscar didn't make a peep at all during the blessing.) You were deeply missed. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
I recieved an e-mail about Trent from Nik's soccer coach's wife. This was a good reminder. Maybe for dinner tonight we'll pop over to Chick-Fil-A, then head out to buy pumpkins and do the cornmaze.
Post a Comment