from the county sheriff. (Friday around 1:20 p.m.) I watch a sheriff's car drive slowly past my house, up one way and then back down. I don't think too much about it until he pulls in to my driveway. At which point I go screaming down the stairs, "Reed, did you and Nate do something that would cause a cop to pay me a visit? You'd better tell me now because he's at the front door!" Of course the reply, "Nothing...honest!" Long story that can not be made short. Reed and a friend found an injured bird while mowing a lawn in the neighborhood. The friend decided to take it home and take care of it. On the way home, the bird managed to get away from the friend and landed on the sidewalk. This was "witnessed" by the youngest brother of an animal rights activist. The brother reported that the two boys had taken a bird out of a nest and were throwing it on the ground and kicking it and he was sure that they were going to kill it. Thus a phone call to the sheriff. When I confronted the younger boy, he couldn't really tell me if the boys were actually throwing the bird on the ground or if the bird had fallen while trying to get away because, "I couldn't see...I don't have very good eyes." Are you kidding me?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh,I am so sorry Alayna... What a great way to start the summer!!! Good luck.
That is a pretty good one. I can't believe they called the police. Kindof crazy. Do you know the neighbors that well?
EXACTLY....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
Well isn't that just fun! How old was this tattle tale???? Does he know Reed and what kind of GOOD boy he is, or at least the crazy animal bird lovin' parents...... that sums up all that is ridiculous with today's society. We can't go over and talk to one another about any concerns or problems that may or may not be....our answer....call the cops! Let them figure it out and waste their time, and our money, because we're too lazy or too scared to do it ourselves. As if the cops don't have more important things to do! Honestly, there are some real winners out there.
No way. Ugh!!
Oh BROTHER!!! Sometimes I think some people are just sitting there waiting for something they can turn into a drama or take offense at etc. They need to just keep their drama to themselves!
Oh that's classic. Well I hope the little birdie is okay.
Post a Comment