Saturday, December 15, 2007

Babbling...

I can't think of a title for this post. It's been a busy weekend already and I still have tomorrow to get through. Actually, I'm supposed to be preparing my lesson for the Young Women, but I just can't seem to get in the right frame of mind. It doesn't help that Autumn is sitting on my lap, head on the desk, sound asleep! I'm scared she may pee on me. Yuck! I just got home from the movies...I took Rose and Renee to see "Enchanted". (Both girls enjoyed the show. Can't imagine why Reed didn't want to go.) I really wasn't in the mood to go out, but the kids have been cooped up in the house for two days straight and were starting to get on each others' nerves as well as mine.

Bry and I went to a party on Friday at a friend's home...lots of fun, one of the few get togethers of the season that doesn't stress me out so I get to enjoy. (Maybe because I'm not in charge of that one?)

I feel like such a slacker this year! I haven't really made any assignments for the annual Nelson family Christmas party which is scheduled for one week from today. Usually by this point, I've not only made food assignments, but I've also decided on table decorations, music etc. Another thing that I've really got to get done tomorrow I guess. The neighbor gifts have started to arrive and I don't even want to bother doing any in return. What is wrong with me? I just can't seem to get in to the spirit of the season this year. Maybe I'll feel more festive when Leslie gets here. I am really looking forward to her visit. Jen, I wish you were coming too!

Well, it's time to go let my neighbor's dogs out one last time before I lock them up for the night. More later...sweet dreams!

5 comments:

Nan said...

Hey, Alayna!

I didn't know that you had a blog! I was reading an article on a news website here in Seattle about googling yourself so I decided I would try it. Your webpage came up with my name on it!
Thanks for the Christmas card! Your family picture is cute. Your kids are growing up! Have a Merry Christmas!

Nan

Anonymous said...

No, no, no! You're not allowed to stress about the Nelson party! How can we make it easier for you? Can I help make phone calls or assignments or anything?

I say forget about music, you know it'll be too noisy to hear it because the kids will be yelling and the men will have the TV on.

Anonymous said...

I agree, don't stress about the nelson party. You know, you could always delegate the whole party to someone else.....hummm...not it! Just kidding. If there is anything you need me to do I am totally abailable. I finished the shopping yesterday! Happy day!

This year I have been a little out of the mood of Christmas too. I say next year we all get together BEOFRE christmas and do our letters and neighbors gifts (assembly line style) together and get it all done early! What doyou think?

Anonymous said...

Lori - assembly line neighbor gifts is an awesome idea! Yes, please. :)

Piano Mom said...

Ladies...thanks for your offers to help! I made the last phone call last night so things are okay again. I love the assembly line idea for neighbor gifts...for sure next year! See you Saturday!