Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I know, I know...

it's time for a new post. I just don't have anything all that interesting to say. Like some of you, I worry about whether or not my husband's job will be there in a week or in a month (although they've made travel arrangements for him in January and February so surely they wouldn't lay him off before then). I'm frantically trying to get all the little odds and ends left on my Christmas shopping list. I have a Christmas letter to write, but can't seem to muster any enthusiasm for the project. And I'm missing my parents like crazy. I don't know what is wrong with me, and I'm sure that it will pass, but for the time being I just feel kind of blah...here, but just kind of going through the motions. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment... perhaps covering up all of my gray hair will put a smile on my face? Hey, maybe I'll try out a new haircut or a new color! (Okay realistically, I won't but I can dream!)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, I know how you feel. Hang in there..it will get better...it always does.

Lara said...

Yep - we can wish for peaceful Christmas can't we? And I find it very hard to believe that you have grey hair to cover up. The best thing that carries me through the season is late nights alone in front of the Christmas tree with Christmas music and a very unhealthy late night snack.

Anonymous said...

New hair always makes me feel better. I know the holidays away from your own family is hard. I do it every other year. It gets better each year but I know just what you are going thru. That first christmas in tenn was rough. Hang in there and if there is anything I can do just let me know.
We will be there on sat doing the last (I hope) of the shopping. Come with us if you can.
lori