Every year, we color Easter eggs at Bryan's grandma's house. This year was no different. I hard-boiled 15 eggs (only 1 cracked) and the kids took turns dunking them in to the various colors. No stains...yay!
As for Easter morning...
The Easter bunny was too tired to make it the previous night so at 7:30 a.m. I was depositing Renee downstairs with strict instructions to stay put while Bryan and I hurriedly arranged Easter baskets and hid candy.
Rose knocked down the decor on half a wall while jumping up to grab a Reeses.
Renee's dress was too small and her shoes were too big. (Fortunately, I had a back up dress.)
Reed was completely unimpressed with his first "real" tie. And even less enthusiatic about letting his dad actually comb his hair.
The bubble guns didn't work, but did manage to leak all over the carpet.
Amid all of this confusion, I was trying to bake a cake to take to my sister's house for Easter dinner. (Dinner was great! If only I had remembered to bring the napkins and the strawberries and the angel food cake and the whipped cream. Or at least remembered to bring home my casserole dish.)
So glad Easter is over!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Easter fun!?
Posted by
Piano Mom
at
5:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
k this was hilarious! I am so glad that you also can share in the forgetfulness and may I say, space-cadety Harris behavior. Traveling always brings out the best in us, especially when you have deadlines, 3 kids, food to bring, and a holiday to celebrate. Glad to know you're human, and your kids all look adorable! tell Bryce he looks very strapping in his Sunday look and hair done.
I hope that next year's Easter Holiday goes a lot better. Seriously...don't you hate days like that? No matter what you do, something always falls apart. Your girls look adorable in their dresses and Reed is very dashing with his "real" tie and combed hair. Glad you and your family came up to visit...we love it when we get to stay home (smile). Are your kids back in school?
the joys of holidays huh. sunday morning deke ran downstairs and came up and said his basket was hidden so good he couldn't find it. i said same with mine! love the easter dresses and reed looks so handsome! can't wait to be closer so I can see you guys more often.
Post a Comment